Broken tooth? Badly decayed tooth? Don’t Panic you probably won’t lose the tooth! we can Save your tooth with a Dental Crown.
What are Dental Crowns?
A crown is a tooth shaped cover which is positioned over an existing damaged tooth to enhance strength and durability and to create a smoother look.
The placement of a crown is often recommended:
- to reinforce a tooth which is cracked or broken
- to repair a tooth which has an old large filling
- to cover a tooth which is severely decayed
- to reinforce a tooth that has had a root canal
- to encase a dental implant
- to anchor a dental bridge
Crowns strengthen and protect the remaining tooth structure and can improve the appearance of your smile.
Types of crowns include the full porcelain crown (ideal for use on the front teeth), the porcelain-fused-to-metal crown and the all-metal crown (ideal for use on the back teeth).
The Dental Crown Procedure
- Before placing the crown on the tooth, the tooth will be shaped to make room for it.
- Then an impression of the tooth and the surrounding teeth is taken.
- A temporary acrylic crown is placed on the tooth.
- When the permanent crown is ready (1-2 weeks normally), the temporary crowns are replaced.
A crown may last up to 40 years.
Contact us today to schedule a free consultation to get an opinion on your need for dental crowns or bridges.
Don’t hesitate to contact us to discuss any aspect of your dental health – we don’t charge for giving advice!